1) Enlist the help of a professional therapist to help you uncover sabotaging self-talk
2) Cut out pictures from a magazine that represent what you want and post them where you see them often
3) Talk to yourself in encouraging ways. Be your own cheerleader.
4) Set small, incremental goals and then focus on your small victories as they happen
5) Don’t let your mistakes discourage you! Get back up.
The basic rule for goal setting is that the goal must be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Goals must also come from a positive and self-loving stance in order to bring lasting satisfaction. Set goals in each area of life: Career, Relationship, Health, Service, Spirituality, and so on. Word your goals in positive terms. (mindtools.com